Friday, July 18, 2008

Pattern Master 4


Last year with my decision to start sewing more clothing, I went to the Tampa sewing Expo. At the Expo I saw and bought Pattern Master Boutique. Not long after I purchased PMB4. I was asked to sew an outfit for a "Mother of a Groom," She had some really difficult fit issues. At the time I thought what a great opportunity to try out PMB. Little did I know that there is quite a learning curve, especially if you have not done a lot of pattern altering. This Lady was very Petite, size 4 on top, only 12" from shoulder to shoulder, and size 12 on the bottom, she had a curved back, short waist and a tummy. I made 5 muslins, trying to get a style and design that flattered her figure. It took me awhile and it forced me to learn quite a bit. Here is a picture of her in the finished product.

No comments: