Monday, September 1, 2008

Finally finished something for myself.

I decided last week that I am going to challenge myself to make at least an item a month for myself. I'm constantly sewing and altering for others, but when it comes to sewing for myself. I seldom ever finish anything I start or I never seem to like the finished product for one reason or another. Well, I'm going to change that. Today I finished a top that I started last week. I'll attach a picture. This is the start of a new beginning! This top is from a discontinued McCall's Pattern M5194. I changed the top by adding a band and ties. The fabric I used is very sheer and flimsy. I had originally sewed the the pattern as directed, but I found I needed something to add some support and shape under the bust. So I added the band with some fusible interfacing.

1 comment:

reenieloyd said...

I love your blouse Raeleen and so glad to see you sewing items for yourself. Will you make me one in the near future?